- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Smart Home
- % Sale
- Your Rights
How do I find the right replacement lamp for my luminaire?
Finding replacement lamps
There are many good reasons for replacing an old lamp with its LED equivalent: The old incandescent light bulb has blown, you want to save electricity with LED or you simply want to change the brightness or light colour of your luminaire.
You find yourself at the DIY store but forgot the old lamp at home, or you are searching the Internet for a replacement and are confronted by a huge selection of lamps. Now what?
Five tips for finding the right lamp:
- By now, you can find virtually any lamp as an LED version, and we strongly recommend replacing all your old lamps with the much more energy-efficient LED technology. It really is a no-brainer: your energy consumption will drop by more than 80% in comparison with conventional lamps.
- Choosing the right light colour is crucial. Choose warm white or daylight white depending on where you will need it.
- In terms of brightness, the lumen value is the decisive factor.
- Depending on where it will be used, you might also want a dimmable lamp. Look for a dimming label or icon on the packaging.
- LED lamps are offered in a variety of corn shapes and bases. Here is an overview of the most popular models: