- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Smart Home
- % Sale
Find answers to the following questions about pond lighting here:
You will find a summary of the most important points in our Pond Lighting Overview.
1. Which luminaires are suitable for pond lighting?
Illumination around the pond
- Garden spots are ideal for highlighting plants or shrubs near your pond. Depending on the settings you choose, you can create a variety of light accents and a fascinating interplay of light and shadow.
- In-ground luminaires are a good alternative for spots. Unlike spots, they illuminate trees and shrubs from below for a warm and welcoming ambiance.
- Solar pond lights are another option for around the edge of your pond. The right solar lights will emphasise the beauty of rocks and other decorative objects by the water's edge in the dark. Super practical: Once the sun rises, the solar lamp will recharge to once again illuminate the pond after dark.
- Decorative pond-side lighting with light globes or other shapes will look playful and creative. You can create new highlights and mood lighting to suit any season or occasion.
- Portable battery-powered luminaires for outdoors are practical above all else. These luminaires are great for illuminating your pond or any other area of your garden. Depending on the model, the LED luminaires can last up to eight hours. And if the evening goes on longer than planned, Paulmann battery-powered outdoor luminaires can easily be recharged with a powerbank and USB cable.
Although underwater lighting poses no danger to fish and other pond life, the lights should not remain on all night long as it could confuse your little pond dwellers over time.
2. Careful planning: a must for pond and pond-side lighting?
Pond Lighting Overview
- You should choose luminaires with IP67 protection class for luminaires placed around the pond. Pond luminaires for underwater use must have IP68 protection.
- High-voltage pond lighting must be carefully planned in advance. Our 24 V Plug & Shine system offers much more flexibility if you want to be able to change the lighting concept from time to time.
- Keep your electricity bill manageable by choosing LED lamps or solar lights.
- Warm white light (2,700 - 3,000 Kelvin) will enhance the calming effect of your pond oasis.