- Indoor Lighting
- Outdoor Lighting
- Smart Home
- % Sale
- Your Rights
URail 230 V Rail System
Your ideas, your light, your system!
URail systems give you the flexibility to make your lighting dreams come true. Add rail elements with up to 20 m length in both directions from the power outlet and choose the colour you want. URail connects directly to the power outlet – no transformer needed! Here is how you plan your own bespoke light rail system.
Get started with our URail system:
Alternatively, you can create your bespoke URail system in just 4 simple steps:
Your bespoke light solution
Buy your URail 230 V system
URail: Tips & InformationYou have this great idea for lighting, but just can't get it done with normal luminaires? The Paulmann Licht URail system offers all the flexibility you need. You can connect up to ten rail systems at max. output of 1,000 W to get the light you want, wherever you want it! Changing direction or going around corners isn't a problem either, and installation is a breeze. You won't even need a transformer, as the rail system connects directly to the power outlet.
Paulmann Licht knows about design, as is documented by the many awards we received, including the Red Dot design award. The highly versatile URail light rail proves our point.
1. URail system – Perfect flexibility for all your lighting ideas
Planning is quick and easy – and so is the installation. Our light rail system is so versatile that you can use it in every room of your home. Routing around corners and across multiple ceiling heights is not a problem either. The super sophisticated connecting elements make everything possible. Straight lines, L-shaped or H-configuration: The layout is only limited by your imagination and can be adapted to any room shape.
And it isn't even a problem if you want to move around individual pendant luminaires or other luminaire types. The system gives you the freedom to see the effect of each luminaire placement before you decide on its final position.
2. Paulmann URail for easy planning & quick installation
The flexibility you have in positioning the individual light elements means that you really only have to think about the layout of the room when planning your light rail system. First things first: Choose the power outlet to which you will connect the rail system. From here, you measure the lengths of the individual rail elements you will need. Next, choose the right connectors, depending on how many elements, branch-offs or directional changes you want to have.
Our practical Flex connectors give you the option of routing a single rail system across rooms with varying ceiling heights. And last, but by no means least: Choose a standard switch or a dimmer switch and you are ready to order your very own lighting system.
Plan – Order – Install. Your final task is almost as easy to complete as the ones before. Once you have connected the infeed to the power outlet, you should start by pencilling in the routing of the rails on the ceiling. Now you can start installing the individual rail elements using the bolts and wall anchors provided. Alternatively, you could use spacers, which would have to be ordered separately. Once you have installed all your 230 V rails, all that's left is to position your spots, spotlights and pendant luminaires just where you want them.
Can I shorten the rail system?
You will need various lengths for your URail system depending on the size of the room and what you have planned. You can either order a complete set or go for individual elements for your URail LED rail system instead. Paulmann light rails are available in the following lengths:
If needed, you can order rails cut to custom lengths from our free service. The right combination of rails will let you create systems of any length. Never attempt to cut the rails at home, as URail is a mains voltage system. Operating issues and even the possibility of electric shocks could not be ruled out if the rails are cut incorrectly. All other elements powered with 230 V should also never be manipulated by anyone other than a trained electrician! You can, however, shorten the cable of your URail pendant luminaire yourself and without tools by using the pendant adapter.
Will the rail system work on a slanted ceiling?
Getting the lighting right in rooms with a slanted ceiling is always a challenge. Interior architects are facing the same problems as DIY enthusiasts. Our ingenious URail system with its virtually limitless possibilities makes these issues a thing of the past. URail can be installed on slanted ceilings with angles up to 45 degrees. All you need then are some LED spots to light up dark corners.
No need for a dimmer switch: Control your URail system remotely
You can use a remote control for your light rail system by adding a PIR rail switch. Depending on whether or not you chose a version with dimming function, you can switch or dim your lamps from that point where you set your PIR rail switch. "The URail system lets you bring light to any space and gives you the freedom to realise your very own lighting ideas." – Tobias, Product Management
3. The right LED rail system for any room
No two rooms are the same and not every light system consists of straight lines. It is only logical to assume then that the configuration of your rail systems won't be the same for each room. Use our URail configurator to match the elements of your rail system with the needs of your room – and then order the right set with a simple click. Define the shape of your room:
Next, enter the size of the room and connect the light rail to the power outlet. You can also choose a colour and they type of power infeed for the URail system.All that's left to do now is to define the position and length of your rail system, and then add the right luminaire to the configuration.
4. URail systems – Paulmann Licht: Quality and service excellence
We here at Paulmann Licht believe in quality. That is why we grant a five-year warranty for our rail system with complete confidence. Why? Because our products are outstanding. Recognised external testing bodies share our confidence and consistently award the highest marks for our quality management system. "Our fail-safe testing system ensures that only the best quality products leave our premises." – Paulmann Licht Quality Assurance
5. Lamps & Light Rails: Customer satisfaction drives us
We offer more than just rail systems and other light solutions – our customer service is second to none. Our well trained customer service colleagues will have answers to all your questions and are happy to offer useful tips for your bespoke light solution. You can be sure to find the perfect illumination system for your home at Paulmann – choose from our range of LED rail systems, recessed spotlights, panels, pendant luminaires or one of our many other solutions.
- The URail PIR Rail switch is a connector that allows you to switch/dim all rails downstream of the power supply via remote control. It will not possible to deactivate a rail at the front and activate a rail farther down the line at the same time if several of these switches are sequentially linked. Rails can only be switched or dimmed sequentially from back to front (towards the power supply). Each switch will need 230 V. Consult the installation instructions on how to assign the dip switches. The dip switch 1+2 is suitable for On/Off, 3+4 for On/Off and dimming. The dip switch 5 dictates whether or not the system should switch on or off when the wall switch is actuated.
- The rails of the URail system are designed for ceiling or wall installation. They can also be mounted on slanted ceilings at an angle of up to 45°. <br>
- Yes, an L connector allows you to make a turn either to the left or right. <br>
- Yes, the T-connector allows you to branch off to the left and right. <br>
- The 0.5 m rail has 2 attachment points for suspensions. The 1.0 m rail has 2 attachment points for suspensions. The 2.0 m rail has 5 attachment points for the suspensions. 3 suspensions will, however, suffice.
- The URail rails in the lengths 0.10 m, 0.50 m, 1.00 m and 2.00 m may only be shortened by a qualified electrician, since this work involves the risk of an electric shock. Alternatively, you could use our free URail cutting service: We will cut the rails of your URail system free of charge to your specifications in our in-house Paulmann workshop. Simply select the length you want during the order process.
- The URail PIR Rail switch is a connector that allows you to switch/dim all rails downstream of the power supply via remote control. If several of these connectors are connected in a row, it is not possible to deactivate a front rail and activate a rail farther down the line at the same time. The only thing you can do is to switch or dim the rails sequentially from the back to the front (towards the power supply).
- The rails of the URail system are designed for ceiling installation. They can also be mounted to slants of up to 45°.
- The 0.5 m rail has 2 attachment points for suspensions. The 1.0 m rail has 2 attachment points for suspensions. The 2.0 m rail has 3 attachment points for suspensions.
- Yes, an L connector allows you to make a turn either to the left or right.
- The URail rails in the lengths 0.10 m, 0.50 m, 1.00 m and 2.00 m must only be shortened by a qualified electrician, as unprofessional work could result in an electrocution risk during later operation. NEW: URail cutting service: We will shorten your URail light rails for you in our in-house Paulmann workshop. Simply select the length you want during the order process.
- Yes, the T-connector allows you to branch off either to the left or right.