Sustainable management, environmental protection and social commitment play an important role in the Paulmann family business. Our goal is to enable our customers to realise their own lighting ideas for a more pleasant and beautiful life, while also sustainably protecting the climate and the environment. To achieve this, we have to constantly rethink and change the way we use light. We therefore develop lamps and luminaires that enable energy and resources to be used sparingly. At Paulmann, however, sustainability does not stop with the development and production of our products.
- Beyond complying with environmental law requirements, we strive to improve our environmental performance and our operational environmental protection. For us, this means considering, analysing and continuously improving our operational processes as a whole, including from an environmental point of view.
- We use resources such as energy, water, materials and land sparingly and in an environmentally friendly manner. We aim to continuously reduce our consumption of these resources.
- We strive to keep waste to a minimum. Unavoidable waste products are sorted, re-used and recycled, and – if this is not possible – disposed of responsibly.
- We support our employees in using environmentally friendly means of public and private transport. A direct train connection is available to our employees, customers and visitors.
- We are aware that environmental protection can only be achieved through the active participation of all employees. That’s why we aim to anchor environmental protection as self-evident in the thoughts and actions of all our employees. We inform every employee about environmental issues, as offer everyone the opportunity to actively get involved with ideas and suggestions.
Paulmann employees talk on-site measures
Sustainable products and packaging
Energy-saving LED technology
More sustainable packaging and CO2-neutral shipping
We have also made our shipping packaging more environmentally friendly. Today, they are already made of 100% recycled materials. As of July 2022, our packaging volume will be reduced due to smaller shipping cartons. Furthermore, we are currently trying out numerous alternatives for filling the shipping boxes. For our three smallest boxes we would like to use recycled paper as a filling material. We use plastic air bags to fill the remaining boxes because their carbon footprint is actually lower than paper for large boxes. The air bags used will also soon be made of 100% recycled materials.
As a family business, we bear a high level of responsibility for our employees and their families. For us, responsibility doesn’t end at the company gates. Our goal is to actively take responsibility for our community and to set a positive example. That is why Paulmann has been supporting various local aid organisations and projects for children and young people in the Hanover-Hildesheim-Hameln region for several years now.
We supported the following organisations and projects in 2020 - 2022, for example:
- “Young People Advising Young People” by the Lower Saxony Regional Association of the German Child Protection Association
- Hameln branch of the Lower Saxony Child Protection Association
- Springe branch of the Lower Saxony Child Protection Association
- Hildesheim branch of the Lower Saxony Child Protection Association
- Nina Dieckmann Foundation in Hanover
- Meriba Children’s and Youth Centre in Wennigsen
- Barsinghausen Children’s Hospice
- Eldagsen-Friedewalde Primary School Association
- Action Alliance for Disaster Relief
- Support for the suffering population in Ukraine
You can find out more about the individual organisations and projects we support on our page Social Commitment.